- Students are learning to read successfully in school.
- Teachers are properly trained and prepared to teach reading by colleges and schools of education.
- Education experts agree on one ideal method for teaching reading and that the method is working.
- Text books provide excellent curriculums that lead to reading competency.
- Most high school graduates are reading at grade level and prepared for college and a 21st Century career.
- Teachers are dedicated and committed to support student success in reading, but the system fails to prepare them.
- 75% of school dropouts report difficulty in reading.
- The majority of students are not learning to read effectively.
- The cause – only a tiny percentage of teachers understand and use structured language instruction methods that work with all students.
- The education culture cannot adapt to help current students.
- The negative outcomes of poor reading instruction impact every part of our society.