The Reading Teacher’s Top Ten Tools
An online professional development for teachers who want quality, dependable learning opportunities that will truly make a difference in the way they think about and teach reading and writing.
- Ten units cover conceptual models of reading, five components, writing, oral language, read-aloud, and collaborative school models.
- The course is built upon a knowledge base drawn from updated research since the NRP report on how students learn to read and write.
- Grades K-6 classroom videos help teachers bridge the knowledge they learn to classroom practice.
- Interactive narrative videos maintain interest and attention.
- Multiple downloads – articles, planning tools, blackline masters – enrich and extend learning, and assist teachers with strengthening their pedagogy.
- Formative quizzes throughout provide opportunities for review.
- Discussion Boards help teachers connect with other teachers while they are in the course and Personal Learning Journals provide a way for teachers to take notes and set bookmarks for locations they want to return to again.